Thursday, 21 February 2013




Reading:

From a very early age I have loved reading, in school I had a reading age well beyond my years and my parents say I always had my head in a book. For me, reading was a way to escape reality ,having parents who seemed to continuously argue, books were my safety.
  At the moment I have a collection of around 130 books which are nicely displayed on one of my bedroom walls named 'my happy place'. However this is rapidly growing as any chance I get I am visiting charity shops searching for more good reads to add to my collection.
  I have read many books which have inspried me in my life and some of them I hope to share with you at a later date on this blog.



Reviews:

Being an avid reader I always have opinions on books once I have finished them, so my stepmum suggested that I start writing them down to aid my writing skills. This is the main reason for my blog, it will be a place I can share my reviews and hear others thoughts and ideas.
  Hopefully I should be able to share lots of posts as I'm always reading something new from my large collection.



Writing:

My lifelong dream has always been to be a writer, books were there for me during a dark time in my life, they inspired me and helped me on a day to day basis. My main aim is to do this for others, I hope that in writing my stories they will help inspire others, it seems that no matter how much time changes, books are always an important role in our lives.
   It has taken me a long time to feel that I can share my writing and ideas with anyone, I've always had the fear that I will never be good enough as a writer and be told I cant do it. However I have recently applied to join a creative writing course at a local college and need to prove my abilities to them, so I must get used to sharing my writing and like they say-

 'there is no time like the present'.

No comments:

Post a Comment